A display to support the Rugby World Cup 2011 and of course the All Blacks and showcase all the rugby teams that are participating.
Because I wanted to show all the players of the All Blacks the display has a crowded appearance, but the boys are standing out from the board by making use of curled wire to give them a bit of swing…..
What you need:
- A poster book with all players
- Name tags (printed and laminated)
- Roll of metal wire (Warehouse) make sure it is not too thick because that's hard to attach
- Flags (2 Dollar shop)
- Rugby information, pool sheet, or whatever you want to display
- Rugby balls – Google images, large – enlarged on the copy machine and laminated
- Image of rugby cup
- Copy a slogan from a rugby magazine or make a title yourself – I used the slogan: Winning is everything
- Black background paper or card (or whatever color you prefer)
- Carton boxes
What to do:
- Attach the flags to the board, I tied a cotton wire around the plastic handle, stapled that to the board and covered it up with black card so that it is hardly noticible
- Staple the rugby balls in a half round circle to the board, use one staple – later on you can staple them to their final place – staple them a bit bulging, to make them look like a ball instead of a flat image
- Cut the images from the book and make sure you attach the names to them with a paperclip (you can do this in advance)
- Collect rugby information you want to display
- Cut of 20 cm of the metal wire for each player and curl it around your finger to make nice cork screw wires
- Cover the board with black (or prefered) color wrapping paper or card
- Attach the curled metal wire to the back of the players with tape and use the same tape to attach them to the board – Because the players stand off the board a bit you can see the tape….. I prefered to cover that up with little pieces of black card I stapled over the attachment
- Staple the pool sheet or other material to the board
- Copy the A, B, C and D pools as well and stapled their images to the board
- Cover the cardboard boxes with matching paper and use access images to make them matching the display
Stand back and move or re-arrange players if they are not quite in the right place. Get your rugby books out and place them on the shelves. The students will love it!!!
Hey guys….. go for it!!!!!!