This is a display that follows the seasons. I started last year with the Green fingers – gardening display. When winter approached I changed it in a Winter reading display and replaced the green background of the trees with silver and grey / black paper while replacing the cherries and lemons with snowflakes.
In spring I changed the display to represent the current season. A couple of simple steps give this display a much more warm and sunny feeling.
I'm not bothered by reality…. that is to say, I glue daffodil flowers to the branches of one tree and orange/red flowers of unknown variety to the other. It's material I have at hand and I don't want to spend a lot of money or time on it, so I use what I have from previous displays.
First of all I start with replacing the title:
I was so careless not to write down which font I used so I had to scroll down the font window in Word and compare the letters of 'Reading' until I had the right font. It looks like I used a smaller size as well …..
These orange flowers were used in the Green fingers – gardening display growing over the green-house. Here I've stripped them of their branches – separated flowers and leaves and glued the flowers and leaves individually to the polystyrene snowflakes. The glue gun makes this an easy and quick task. The daffodils have been used in numerous displays, attached to their stems and as a bunch but never before stripped and glued to the branches like in this display
The next step was to change the snowman into a sunny bear with sunglasses and straw hat. I changed its outfit to a more sunny one, from a bit of fabric to cover the body and bright red boots which I can't change because its legs are resting in it and bear would fall down if I took them away. My colleague brought a bikini of her daughter and I strapped it with a rubber band on the back to make it fit The bright pink fabric previously used in the display: gUrlzZone attracts immediate attention
The snow tower in the middle needed a bit of green around the edges to represent the season. I took off the snowflakes that had been glued to the shelves and stapled a string of ivy to the outer boundary
The 'cold' colours of the background of the tree had to be changed to make it really spring
I decided on two different colours of green – a cool green for the right tree and a radiant grass green for the left tree. Using torn, crumbled paper pushed between the branches created an instant make-over
The shelves with shredded paper and polystyrene pellets representing snow were changed into green leafy surfaces. The pheasant is still around and also the squirrel in the tree is happily watching the students
The basket under the left tree containing wool and knitting needles now has fruit and veges with some additional roses. From my previous Floral art and flying beauties display I used the tulips and stapled a couple of them to the wall
The total display is transformed with some easy changes without any additional costs
And because a girl wants to have a bit of fun:
Nobody will see it or read it
but every time I see the title of the book
it makes me smile