After joining one of my workshops given in the Far North, the non-creative Alyson Gates got enthusiastic about making displays. She used the survival theme to create a great display.
What Alyson did:
I found some pictures of the bush – could use any type of landscape – printed some out A4 size and most of the others I enlarged to A3.
· I did not laminate, even without lamination the background is quite shiny which makes viewing difficult from some angles.
· I overlapped and stapled the pictures to a board.
· Printed out the words, enlarged them several times, covered them in duraseal and then painstakingly cut them out.
· Glued the letters to the picture covered board.
· Bought some plastic “branches” and stapled them to the board.
· Collected a bag full of leaf litter & small twigs from under my trees, (complete with juvenile clickbeetles & earwigs!). Found a stick on the beach.
· Put the backboard on a box on an table, scattered the litter and twigs around, positioned the stick.
· Found a selection of NF, fiction & graphic novels and some maps. Put some on the table with the leaves & twigs and the rest on book stands on the floor under and around the table.