If you see it hanging on a door, you can't imagine that this wreath was made out of plastic shopping bags. Yes, it's a labour of love and you might want to involve the whanau.
Firstly to start collecting them from the beginning of the year. You need a lot of bags to create a tight layer that doesn't show the base of the wreath.
Secondly to cut them in shape and thread them onto a piece of rubber or plastic pipe that you can bend together and secure.
You don't need to buy expensive Christmas decorations. With a bit of elbow grease and perseverance you can make a stunning welcome for your front door. Weather resistant. No need of watering, Good for the environment, Less landfill.
What you need:
- A huge amount of plastic bags – cut in rounds depending on how wide you want the wreath to be. Tear it in the center
- Rubber or plastic pipe that can be connected to form a circle
- Spray paint or glitter if you want to fancy the wreath up
- Wire to hang the wreath on the door or wall
What to do:
- Thread the plastic disks onto the pipe. Jam them tight together so they form a solid mass
- When all plastic pieces have been used you bend the pipe ends together and secure it with tape or glue
- Fluff the plastic to make sure the pipe is evenly coated in plasic pieces
- Decorate if you want to make the wreath more colourful. Use glitter or spray paint
- Attach the wire and hang it on your outside door to welcome guests and visitors
Filed under: Admin Comments